Microsoft Zero Day, PCI-DSS Update, and Bitcoin Attacks
Ingest this week’s biggest security news in one, easy to watch video with WatchGuard Security Week in Review. I consolidate the latest Infosec news in one place, so you don’t have to.
Today’s episode covers the week’s security-related software updates, a zero day flaw in Windows and Office, the latest update to PCI-DSS, and some security problems with Bitcoin. Watch the video for the details, and check out the Reference section for a whole bunch of other interesting stories.
Thanks for watching, and have a great weekend!
(Episode Runtime: 9:28)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-yxD12gSbY
- Software Updates
- Cryptolocker offers you a second chance for decryption (don’t do it) – Krebs on Security
- BadBIOS Updates
- PCI-DSS 3.0 is officially out – Help Net Security
- Bitcoin Security Issues
- Extra Life charity site suffers DDoS attack – Joystiq
- Tech giants argue for NSA reform – ThreatPost
- NIST to review their crypto standards – ThreatPost
- Adobe breach passwords were badly encrypted, not hashed – CSO Online
- Attackers steal celebrity credentials from limo service – Krebs on Security
- Malware targets SAP users – CSO Online
- Senator claims there is no privacy violation if you don’t know about it – YouTube
- Internet to lose net neutrality – Wired
- Another IP camera vulnerable to spying – Core Security
- Cyber attackers shutdown tunnel in Israel – Security Week
- Twitter quietly fixes a major flaw – Henry Hoggart
- Hacker hired to delete crack smoking mayor’s scandalous video – Vice
- Hackerone launches “Internet” security bounty program – Hackerone