You finally made a decision to deliver not just Wi-Fi access, but secure Wi-Fi access to your business, customers, and guests. Now, you’re at a crossroad because you don’t know whether to go with Wave 2 or Wave 1 technology.
With people streaming videos, music, photos and games, today’s digital content is bigger and better than ever. People are interacting with multiple devices at the same time, and Wi-Fi is working on overload and often can’t keep up. With the introduction of the 802.11ac Wave 2 standard, Wi-Fi has gotten the boost that it needs to keep up with the demands of high-density, throughput-hungry environments like crowded meetings rooms, schools, and conference trade shows. Wave 2 offers blazing fast speeds, more coverage and the highest client density.
Here are 5 more reasons why you may consider Wave 2 technology:
- Serves more connected devices using MU-MIMO functionality, so client devices can get on and off the network faster, improving the quality of experience for everyone.
- Offers stronger performance making it easier to access and transfer large files such as videos and serve latency-sensitive applications like VoIP.
- Brings in more bandwidth with additional 5 GHz frequency channels resulting in more room to serve more clients.
- Provides wider coverage when the network must service a lot of Wi-Fi
- Delivers faster and more reliable Wi-Fi with 3x the speed of its predecessor.
Just because Wave 2 is considered the latest and greatest technology, it doesn’t mean that it’s the right technology for your business. With 802.11ax on the horizon, evaluate what’s important for you, your employees, vendors and customers, and choose an access point that will make your organization more productive and save you money. You may also want to consider consulting with an IT service provider in your community, as they can be an excellent source of advice and guidance.
Visit https://www.watchguard.com/wifi to check out WatchGuard’s family of Secure Wi-Fi solutions.