Last August, a mysterious hacking organization called The Shadow Brokers leaked a trove of hacking tools that they allegedly stole from the NSA’s Equation Group. They gave away one collection of tools for free, but also shared another encrypted collection that they tried to auction off to the highest bidder. Apparently, no one took the bait. This week, The Shadow Brokers have returned to unveil the second collection to the world, which include some nasty Solaris attacks. Watch the my video for the highlights, and check the links below for more detail.
Episode Runtime: 3:28
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOhRLmsJm3I
- The Shadow Brokers release the second trove of hacking tools – TechCrunch
- Political diatribe post from The Shadow Brokers – Medium
- The latest Equation Group leak contained Solaris zero day – Network World
- Our blog post on the original Equation Group leak – Secplicity
- A Github repository with the files from the latest leak – Github
Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
Daniel Scott says
Lookin’ good, mate, keep up the great content!