Last week, TalkTalk’s suffered a data breach for the third time this year. It took awhile for the details to surface, but it looks like the attackers exploited a SQL injection flaw in TalkTalk’s website to steal 4M customers’ personally identifying information. Watch today’s information to learn the latest news about this breach, and what you should do if you’re a victim.
(Episode Runtime: 3:32)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQhwPq24khk
- TalkTalk hit by a significant cyber breach – BBC
- Krebs coverage of the TalkTalk breach – Krebs on Security
- Mother says her identity was stolen from the breach – Huffington Post
- Stolen info used to help social engineer victims – ZDNet
- 15yr old arrested in connection with the Talk Talk breach – Motherboard