MH370 Scams, Google Play DDoSed, and Operation Windigo
Each week I summarize the biggest information security news in a short video, so you don’t have to go searching for it yourself. If you’re interested in the latest infosec updates, be sure to watch each Friday.
Today’s late episode covers a few cyber security stories around the disappeared MH370 flight, news about a penetration tester downing Google Play, and a report about a cyber attack campaign that hijacked 25,000 Linux servers. Watch the video for the full scoops, and check the Reference section below for more info.
Have a great weekend.
(Episode Runtime: 8:41)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ3Ei1WDyIY
- Hyperbolic story about MH370 disappearance being a cyber hijack – Softpedia
- MH370 related Facebook scams – Time
- Researchers pen-test crashes Google Play… twice – CNN Money
- ESET’s Operation Windigo report [PDF] – We Live Security
- Must watch Snowden interview at TED – YouTube
- Exploit for Apple SSL MitM flaw – Corte.si
- Cryptolocker now self-spreading – Trend Micro
- Lights Out campaign targets energy sector – InfoSec Magazine
- Chrome update fixes Pwn2Own bugs – Computer World
- Firefox update fixes Pwn2Own bugs – Computer World
- Coldfusion attack campaign – Arc Technica
- RC Drone used for wifi hacks – CNN Money
- SEA alleges that Microsoft charges NSA for data dumps – Computer World
- EA servers hijacked for phishing attack – Threat Post
- iOS Tor app full of adware and spyware – SC Magazine
- Zorenium botnet has iOS module – Sensecy