Patch Day, Missed Logs, and Snowden’s Latest
What to learn about the latest information security (infosec) news in under eight minutes? You’ve found the right place. Check out my weekly security news summary video below.
This week’s episode covers all the big updates from this month’s Adobe & Microsoft Patch Day, the latest news suggesting Target’s breach could have been averted, and another top secret document leak, detailing how the NSA hacks its targets. Check out the video below for the details, and don’t forget the Reference section for links to other stories.
Enjoy your weekend, and stay safe!
(Episode Runtime: 8:21)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h87aqWmaCtQ
- Microsoft Patch Day
- Adobe Patch Day
- All browsers defeated in Pwn2Own – CIO
- Target ignored security alarms that may have averted the breach – Business Week
- Latest NSA Leak: Turbine and Quantum – The Intercept
- Attackers exploit WordPress flaws to DDoS others – Securi
- Some details around the US Navy hack – Network World
- iOS 7.1: Feature and security update– SFGate
- New Android feature to protect against malicious side-loaded apps – Tech Republic
- Transcript of Snowden’s SXSW interview on Monday – Inside.com
- Backdoor in Samsung Galaxy or just FUD? – Ars Technia
- Watering hole attack targeting Energy Sector – ThreatPost
- Tesla S has vulnerabilities in onboard system – ReadWrite
- Chrome security update right before Pwn2Own – The Register
- Beware Malaysian Airline themed Facebook scams– IT Portal