Google Glass Hijack, Steganography Backdoor, and Femtocell Hack
After a week missing-in-action due to vacation, I’m back with another news-packed InfoSec summary video for the week. If you’d like to quickly hear the highlights about the latest updates, breaches, and malware, give our weekly video a go.
In this week’s episode I cover some interesting new Mac malware, a Google Glass hijacking vulnerability, how to hide web backdoors in images, and a rogue femtocell. For all that and more, click play below; and don’t forget to check the Reference section for extras.
Have a great weekend, and stay safe online!
(Episode Runtime: 15:18)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjWEkd2htzQ
- Chinese researchers fine second APK key vulnerability – Android Police
- Rekey app fixes master key flaw on rooted Androids – Google Play
- Clear text passwords found in iOS Tumbler app; upgrade – Read Write Web
- New Mac malware leverages right-to-left override trick – F-Secure
- Google Glass QR code hijack – The Washington Post
- The dangers of Google Glass – PC Magazine
- Lookout Google Glass QR flaw video – YouTube
- Security researchers create rogue Femtocell – Reuters
- Hiding web backdoors in JPG images – Securi
- Another 0day Java flaw disclosed – Full Disclosure list
- Malware targets pinterest – Janne.is
- HD Moore exposes IPMI vulnerabilities – Information Week
- DEFCON asks Feds to stay home –DEFCON
- Wall Street to launch cyber attack test – The Boston Globe
- Oracle fixes 89 vulnerabilities with July CPU – WGSC
- HP admits backdoors are in data store products – Info World
- Cheap Android RAT on underground market – Ars Technica
- NASDAQ community forum hacked – Graham Cluley Blog