Vuln Market 0day, Printer Backdoors, and Downed Internet
We’re back from hiatus. After a two week break, our weekly security news podcast has returned.
This week’s episode covers interesting new malware that leverages new command & control channels or targets specific victims, lots of zero day exploits being sold on vulnerability markets, a security industry murder mystery, and much more. If you’d like the latest information security updates, watch below.
As always, I’ve also included a Reference section, which contains links to all the stories mentioned in the video, as well as a few extra ones. Don’t forget to leave your feedback in our comments section.
Enjoy the show, and see you next week.
(Episode Runtime: 11:41)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DW3EcXbFlM
- South Carolina SSN Breach Investigation results – SC Government
- New Malware
- Vulnerability Markets
- US-CERT warns of Samsung printer backdoor – US-CERT
- Hacktivists Breach UN atomic agency’s servers – NBC News
- UN atomic agency breach PasteBin post – PasteBin
- Syria mysteriously drops from the Internet – NBC News
- UPDATE: Syria Internet blackout likely caused by government despite claims otherwise – CNN
- UPDATE: Anonymous reacts to Syria Internet blackout – CNet
- John McAfee wanted for questioning in murder case – Huffington Post
- Extra Stories