Lots of Software Updates and Security Patches.
The theme of this week’s security summary is software updates.
Microsoft’s Patch Day falls on the second Tuesday of the month, and many others follow Microsoft, releasing their own security updates during the same day or week. This week, we saw updates to fix security vulnerabilities in Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, Apple, and VMware products. We even saw an emergency workaround to fix a serious zero day vulnerability in Microsoft’s XML Core Services.
Besides the software patches, this week’s video also highlights a few new Flame-related updates, and a warning about Father’s Day-related malware campaigns. Watch the video below to learn the details.
As usual, if you’d don’t like videos, or want to dive into the details of each of these stories, make sure to check out the Reference section below. Thanks for watching, and if you have any comments, feedback, or questions, leave them in the comments section below.
(Episode Runtime: 13:49)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd3-sMg9oJc
- Microsoft Patch Day – WatchGuard Security Center
- Critical Oracle Java Update – Oracle
- Apple updates Java on same day – Apple
- Adobe Coldfusion update – Adobe
- VMware hypervisor security updates – VMware
- US-CERT bulletin on 64-bit virtualization vulnerability – US-Cert
- Apple quietly changes security messaging – CRN
- Flame and Stuxnet share some code – Kaspersky Securelist
- Flame handlers delete the malware – ComputerWorld
- Father’s Day malware and spam campaigns – Naked Security Blog
- EXTRA: MySQL and MariaDB suffer serious password bypass vulnerability – The Register
— Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
Miikka Kaarto says
Good thorough explanations as always! Nice going Corey!