With the average person managing 90 accounts that require a username and password, and credential-stealing malware on the rise, your users are firmly in the crosshairs of cyber criminals. At the same time, the drive toward workplace flexibility and desire to empower people to work where they are most comfortable challenges some foundations of cyber security. More work than ever before happens outside of your traditional network perimeter, making it no surprise that 64% of midsize businesses have experienced a breach as a direct result of a remote worker.
Where Is the Threat?
- Phishing. A full third of cyber attacks in 2019 involve some form of phishing tactic, and attackers have upped their game to make their phishing emails more sophisticated and convincing. A successful phish can be devastating in its own right, but many times these attacks are just step one of a more sophisticated attack.
- Credential-Stealing Malware. Mimikatz and other credential-stealing malware types continue to be among the most encountered strains in the wild. User credentials represent the keys to the castle, allowing an attacker to escalate privileges, and even impersonate users to further their attack.
- Ransomware can bring your user to a halt by locking them out of their systems and data. Overall ransomware detections are up 77% compared to 2018.
- Zero day malware. Roughly 36% of malware a business encounters is completely unique to them, or the targeted endpoint. Fighting against advanced malware requires advanced security.
How can you keep users safe, even when they are on the GO?
At WatchGuard, we believe users comes down to three primary objectives:
- Authenticate people and enforce strong, multi-factor authentication into VPNs, Cloud applications, endpoints and more.
- Protect them on the Internet, block phishing attempts and enforce web surfing policy anywhere, anytime without requiring a VPN.
- Keep their endpoints free of malware by detecting and killing threats, and related command and control channels.
Introducing DNSWatchGO from WatchGuard
Protecting people on the Internet and keeping their endpoints free of malware is daunting, especially when the user isn’t connected to the network via VPN or otherwise. WatchGuard’s latest security solution, DNSWatchGO, provides DNS-level protection and content filtering that keeps your business safe from phishing, ransomware, and other attacks even when your user is outside of the network, without requiring a VPN. It uses the power of the Cloud to detect and block malicious DNS connections before they can serve up their attack.
Want to learn more about how to secure users on the GO? Check out our webinar Hacked on PTO: No Vacation from Vulnerability
 CITE & WatchGuard Off-Network Security Survey
Leave a Reply