Late last week, a researcher disclosed a zero day flaw that affect all versions of Window 10, and the latest Windows Servers as well. The good news is the flaw is difficult to exploit. The bad news is the researcher did not give Microsoft time to patch it before disclosing the issue, and proof-of-concept (POC) exploit code. If you’re ok with third party patches, consider 0patch.com. This third party app has a micropatch for this issue, but it hasn’t gone through Microsoft testing. Otherwise, watch the video below for a few more details, and keep an eye out for Microsoft’s patches.
Want to help hospitalized kids? This year, the WatchGuard team is taking part in a charity drive called Extra Life. I will be posting a video on the subject shortly, but you can learn more about it from the links below. If you have the means to donate to kids, please consider support me, or any of the members of the WatchGuardians team at the links below.
Episode Runtime: 2:16
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyt_DjxP7mE
- Article on Win 10 zero day – On MSFT
- Bleeping Computer’s take on this new flaw – Bleeping Computer
- 0patch offers unofficial patches. Use at your own risk – 0patch
Donate to WatchGuardians Extra Life:
- Learn about the Extra Life Charity here – Extra-Life
- Donate to my Extra Life page – Extra-Life
- Check out or Donate to any on the WatchGuardian Extra Life team – Extra-Life