This month, Oracle released their huge quarterly critical patch update (CPU). Since Oracle only releases their security updates four times a year, they tend to have huge updates. Octobers CPU includes fixes for 301 security issues. Worse yet, 46 of those issue have a 9.8 or higher CVSS rating, making them very critical. If you use any Oracle products, such as Java, MySQL, Business E-Suite, or others, you should download, test and deploy the update as soon as you can. You can find links to those updates below.
As an aside, in this video I also share my participation in a charitable event called Extra Life. Gamers play games for 24 hours for donations, 100 percent of which goes to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. I’ll talk more about this event later, but if you’d like to donate to a good cause, check out the links below.
Episode Runtime: 2:56
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tRUMtbtpJU
- Oracle’s official October 2018 CPU advisory – Oracle
- A good article summarized the CPU well – ZDNet
- Another good recap of Oracle’s CPU – Help Net Security
- Learn about the ExtraeLife Charity here – Extra-Life
- Donate to my Extra-Life page – Extra-Life
- Check out or Donate to any on the WatchGuardian Extra Life team – Extra-Life
—Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
Leave a Reply