Greetings and happy Star Wars Day, infosec enthusiasts! Whenever May 4th rolls around, we collectively celebrate our favorite Star Wars movies, characters and moments. But, what can we learn from this beloved space opera universe that might help us better secure ourselves and our businesses? To answer this question, we decided to put together a video series that examines famous quotes from one of the most powerful Jedi warriors of all time, to see what security lessons we can learn. Since Yoda wasn’t available, Corey has help from a slightly shorter, more furry Jedi Master – Yodog.
Star Wars may have taken place a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, but the infosec best practices we can learn from these stories are incredibly useful in the here and now. May the 4th be with you!
Whether you’re a young cybersecurity Padawan or experienced Jedi Master, if you’d like to learn more about security through the lens of the Star Wars universe, head over to GeekWire to check our CTO, Corey Nachreiner’s recent guest articles on the topic:
- How to become a cybersecurity Jedi, Part 4: Three lessons from ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’
- May the firewall be with you: Tech security lessons from Star Wars ‘Rogue One’
- How to be a tech security Jedi, Part 3: Three Security Lessons from ‘The Force Awakens’
- How to be a tech security Jedi, Part 2: 6 lessons from the ‘Star Wars’ prequel movies
- How to be a tech security Jedi: 5 lessons from the original ‘Star Wars’ movies