Last Tuesday, Microsoft and Adobe released all their security patches for March. The updates fix a ton of flaws in Windows, IE and Edge, Office, Adobe Flash, and much more. Some of Microsoft’s updates continue to fix the Meltdown and Spectre chipset issues, and the Adobe updates fix some serious flaws in Flash player. If you use any of these products, you should patch immediately (if you haven’t already). Watch below for a few more details.
Episode Runtime: 3:07
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRIdOuaSLp0
- Best summary of Microsoft Patch Day, March 2018 – Ghacks
- Microsoft Patches continue to fix Meltdown and Spectre – Engadget
- Microsoft not checking AV for updates anymore – Tech Republic
- Microsoft’s March update post – Microsoft
- Adobe’s security page with March updates – Adobe
—Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
Beware the Microsoft spectre patch if you use the VMXNET3 virtual adapter as there is a documented bug that causes it to be disabled and a new blank one created.