After working for more than 20 years to protect and secure organizations around the globe, we felt it was time to reflect back on the history of hacking. What are the marquee hacks that forever changed the digital landscape and left behind lessons that will last a lifetime?
To answer that question, we’re releasing an exciting new eBook: “The Evil-ution of Network Security Threats.” From basic DOS trojans to debilitating ransomware, we’ll take you on a trip through hacking history, exploring the top hacks from the 80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s, why they mattered and how the security industry responded. And, as a bonus, we created four limited edition posters that outline the hall of fame hacks throughout each decade.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, this eBook – and the posters – are definitely up your alley!
- Did you ever dream of being a member of the elite hacker group, the Legion of Doom? (Game over, you know you did.)
- Have you recently been asked to explain what a floppy disk is? (#millennialquestions)
- Can you explain the Elk Cloner virus? Or maybe recite the poem?
- Have you called in sick with a macro virus?
- Were you at Microsoft when they shut down email due to the Melissa virus?
- Do you still cringe when you year Y2K?
- If you see the words I LOVE YOU in email, do you delete it off pure instinct?
- Did you swear you’d never shop at T.J Maxx, Marshalls or HomeGoods, ever again?
You can download the eBook now to learn more about the most historic hacks of each decade! Feel like savoring every bit of this hacking history lesson piece by piece instead? Stay tuned for upcoming posts that introduce each age of hacking over the coming weeks.
Leave a Reply