On Friday, I did a video updating two of the stories I covered last week. First, we have new updates on the WannaCry hero’s arrest. The indictment went public and shares six charges against Hutchins. Meanwhile, many researchers in the security community support Hutchins, and believe the U.S. government made some sort of mistake. Second, I have a small update on the HBO hack. Right after the hack, a Game of Thrones episode leaked onto the Internet early. Turns out that wasn’t related to the hack, but since my video on Friday the hackers have released new information, which you can see in the reference section of this post. Watch the video below for all the details.
Episode Runtime: 3:13
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjiBCSFrSYM
- Wannacry hacker pleas not guilty to criminal charges – ZDNet
- Hutchins, however, admits some role in creating Kronos – Sky
- Lawyer says the arrest and charges are problematic – Phys.org
- Infosec Community rallies around Hutchins – The Register
- Game of Thrones episode leaked after HBO hack – Gizmodo
- The GoT episode leak was NOT involved with the hack – BGR
- Justice department’s indictment against Hutchins [PDF] – Justice.gov
- HBO UPDATE:
- Hackers leak more materials – Slashgear
- See the HBO hackers extortion video – Mashable
Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
I love the new introduction! The previous one was way too long.