WatchGuard Wins Six Awards at This Year’s Network Product Guide 2017 IT World Awards and Takes Gold in Two Categories
WatchGuard wins six awards from this year’s Network Product Guide 2017 IT World Awards, the industry’s leading technology research and advisory guide. The awards acknowledge active participants from a broad spectrum of the IT industry: products and services, technologies, executive and management teams, successful deployments, product management and engineering, customer satisfaction and public relations in every area of information technology.
Several different WatchGuard products and employees were recognized. Here’s the full list:
- Gold Winner for Firewalls: WatchGuard Firebox T70 with Fireware version 11.12
- Gold Winner for Security Hardware (New or Upgrade version): WatchGuard Firebox T70 with Fireware version 11.12
- Silver Winner for IT Products and Services for Retail: WatchGuard Wi-Fi Cloud v1
- Silver Winner for Unified or Integrated Security: WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response v1
- Silver Winner for CIO/IT Executive of the Year: Corey Nachreiner, Chief Technology Officer at WatchGuard Technologies
- Bronze Winner for Security Services (New or Upgrade version): WatchGuard Threat Detection and Response v1
Taking Gold in two categories, the Firebox T70 provides organizations with fast, reliable and secure Internet connectivity that allows network security solutions to keep up with their ever-growing needs. According to Miercom, the T70 is the fastest performing tabletop appliance on the market today. While many rack-mount solutions can keep up with today’s fastest fiber-to-the-premises speeds, no other tabletop security appliances can match the T70’s performance with all security services enabled. With T70, SMBs and distributed enterprises can easily harness the most powerful Internet speeds available with the complete UTM protection they require.
Given the Silver award, WatchGuard’s Wi-Fi Cloud is a simple, secure Wi-Fi management platform for WatchGuard’s secure Access Points. It provides powerful WIPS security, in-depth guest and airspace analytics and invaluable marketing and guest engagement tools with no third-party upgrades required. Presented with both the Silver and Bronze award, WatchGuard’s Threat Detection and Response (TDR) correlates network and endpoint security events with threat intelligence to detect, prioritize and enable immediate action to stop malware attacks. We’re thrilled to see industry recognition for so many of our products and a growing realization that small and medium-sized businesses need enterprise-class security solutions as well.