The biggest story last week, by far, was the CIA Vault 7 leak.
Wikileaks, a well-known information leak site, released over 8000 documents detailing the CIA’s hacking tools and operations. The documents contain information about how the CIA hacks phones, PCs, and even TVs, among other things. Allegedly, the documents even contained exploit and source code for these hackings tools. However, Wikileaks redacted this information to “protect” the public. Watch the video below for quick highlights, and be sure to check out the references for more details, including links to all the documents.
Episode Runtime: 4:31
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKKlF_q5nog
- Vault 7 Leak: Wikileaks dumps thousands of CIA hacking documents – Wikileaks
- How the CIA can hack your phone and PC – Wired
- How were the CIA docs and tools leaked? – NBC News
- How to tell if the CIA hacked your Samsung TV – Wired
- The CIA loves emojis – Gizmodo
- Don’t let CIA hacks scare you away from Signal – Wired
- CIA can pin attacks on other countries – Independant