Ransomware has been making headlines again, with one infection affecting a hotel’s key cards, and another knocking out police CCTV cameras. In both these cases, the data locking malware affected each organization’s ability to do their jobs, and serve or protect their customers. Watch our Daily Byte video to learn more about these ransomware cases, but more importantly to learn how you can keep ransomware from affecting your organization.
Episode Runtime: 4:16
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I1PYne0c80
- Original article claims ransomware locks guests out of rooms – The Local
- Ransomware shuts down key card programmer in Austrian Hotel – Gizmodo
- Hotel ransomware doesn’t really lock guests out of rooms – The Verge
- Ransomware found on D.C. Police CCTV computers – Slashgear
- WatchGuard’s new Threat Detection and Response Service – WatchGuard