Don’t let “security fatigue” lull you into skipping Patch Day.
With its cyclical nature, Microsoft’s (and Adobe’s) Patch Day might seem overwhelming at times, since it reoccurs so regularly. However, patching is one of the most practical ways you can keep your network safe from cyber criminals. This month, many of Microsoft’s patches are especially important since they fix zero day vulnerabilities that attackers have already been exploiting in the wild.
Watch today’s Byte for a quick summary of Microsoft and Adobe’s updates, and make sure to visit the links below to find the patches. Don’t forget, you should test updates before deploying them, especially to production servers.
Episode Runtime: 2:23
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoo56-Uy0zg
- Microsoft’s October Patch Day summary – Microsoft
- Adobe’s security page with October updates – Adobe
- Changes to Windows patch packaging options – Microsoft
- Good summary of Microsoft’s October Patch Day – gHacks
- Article detailing the zero day flaws this Patch Day resolves – Network World