Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know that Yahoo confirmed this Thursday that roughly 500 million user accounts have been compromised as a result of one of the largest data breaches in history. Our very own Corey Nachreiner went on air with Q13 FOX last night to discuss what we know about the Yahoo breach, why these attacks keep happening to large companies and what people can do to protect their information online.
Corey offered the following advice for Yahoo users, and anyone looking to improve their online security:
- Change your passwords
- Be on the lookout for spear phishing emails
- Update the security questions for your accounts
- Use a different, complex password for each account you own
- Set up two factor authentication for your accounts
- Consider adopting a password “vault” or manager
You can watch the full segment here: http://q13fox.com/2016/09/22/hackers-compromise-500-million-yahoo-accounts-state-sponsored-actor-suspected/
Also check out Corey’s Daily Security Byte video from back in August, when it was first reported that a hacker was selling data Yahoo user account information on the dark web.