Tavis Ormanday, a well-known security engineer for Google, disclosed a number of critical vulnerabilities in some of Symantec’s endpoint security products. If you use Symantec or Norton’s antivirus (AV), watch the video below to learn how bad these flaws are, and where to find the updates. You can also stick around to hear what I think about vulnerabilities in security products in general.
(Episode Runtime: 7:13
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWr_U2iH7-E
- Ormandy’s Project Zero Symantec disclosure – Google Project Zero
- Symantec’s advisory on the seven AV vulnerabilities – Symantec
- Project Zero discloses serious Symantec security flaws – Tech Target
- Google researcher slams Symantec’s security – Uber Gizmo
- Symantec woes exposes security gaps in AV – Wired