As if ransomware wasn’t already bad enough, a new sample is trying to up the extortion pressure by encrypting your whole hard drive. Watch today’s video to learn more about this new threat, and why I think its novel tactics might backfire.
(Episode Runtime: 4:36)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3lAlzjDvUE
- Trend Micro’s blog on Petya ransomware – Trend Micro
- G Data’s blog on Petya ransomware – G Data
- Bleeping computer Petya ransomware write-up – Bleeping Computer
- New ransomware encrypts your hard drive – PC World
- VirusTotal results for Petya sample – Virus Total
— Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
creation site web maroc says
Excellent post. I was checking continuously
this blog and I’m inspired! Extremely useful information specifically the ultimate part 🙂 I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a very lengthy time. Thanks and good luck.