Security researchers and Hollywood have long predicted network hacks that could take out the power grid. Well, we may finally have a confirmed example of a blackout caused by a cyber attack in the Ukraine. Watch today’s video to learn about this new news and how you might avoid a common trend in advanced attacks.
(Episode Runtime: 3:25)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpDEBq4hzfs
- First hacker caused blackout – Ars Technica
- Ukraine energy attack wider than initially reported – Reuters
- Hackers caused Christmas outage – Forbes
- Good analysis of the new BlackEnergy variant – WeLiveSecurity
- SANS ISC Diary pipes in on the cyber blackout – SANS