On the surface, terrorist attacks and information security (infosec) seem unrelated. However, the abhorrent terrorist attacks carried out against innocent victims in Paris have stirred up two long-running information security topics; is hactivism valuable and should governments have access to public encrypted data? Neither of these are black and white issues, but watch today’s daily video to get my opinion on these subjects.
(Episode Runtime: 4:27)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q9YZfeRcuU
- Anonymous declares war on ISIS – IBTimes
- My CNBC Closing Bell video interview on Anonymous – CNBC
- Anonymous launches “biggest operation” ever – Digital Times
- Encryption debate to reignite over the Paris Attacks – Re/Code
- Government push “spy agenda” with Paris Attacks – The Guardian