You’ve heard me talk about USB-based malware, or malicious USB sticks that can take over your computer (Bad USB), but what about a USB device that can fry your machine. A Russian research has built just such a device, and he calls it USB Killer 2.0. Watch today’s video to learn more about it, and why you should avoid interacting with random USB devices.
(Episode Runtime: 2:28)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHIjpJ8iCrU
- Researcher creates malicious USB key that fries devices (Russian) – Habrahabr
- Original USB Killer idea – Habrahabr
- Video of USB Killer 2.0 in action – YouTube
- English article about USB Killer 2.0 – Graham Cluley
- Reddit post discussion the video – Reddit