I missed yesterday’s daily video due to an offsite meeting, so today’s episode contains two important stories; an emergency update to fix a zero day vulnerability in Internet Explorer (IE) and the latest update to the Ashley Madison breach. If you run a Microsoft network, or you know anyone that had an account on Ashley Madison, you’ll want to watch the video below to learn what you can do to protect yourself from attackers.
(Episode Runtime: 2:18)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9CI3Fk5NiE
- Microsoft’s out-of-band August IE update – Microsoft
- News about hacktivists releasing Ashley Madison data – Motherboard
- Info about what data was in the leak – Hydraze.org
- One view on how concerned you should be about the leaked data – Bloomberg
- Ashley Madison was concerned about data breaches – Motherboard