The Australian 60 Minutes unveiled a piece on how attackers can track and intercept the calls from any mobile, as long as they know its number. However, others say the researchers demonstrating this attack had special access to carrier networks. Watch today’s video to learn how real this threat is, and whether or not you can do something about it.
(Episode Runtime: 3:34)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G63kB987kyg
- Australia 60 Minutes episode on SS7 attacks – 9jumpin.com.au
- An article covering the SS7 hacking issue – Computer Weekly
- Original 2014 research on SS7 attacks – CCC.de
- German research given gov access to pull of SS7 attack – Gizmodo
- Wikipedia article on IMSI-Catcher – Wikipedia