You thought 4 million stolen federal workers’ records was bad? Well, Friday we learned the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) breach might be even worse than first suspected. We also learned a small time cyber criminal has tried to take credit for the attack. Watch the video for these updates, and to learn why PII theft is so dangerous.
(Episode Runtime: 3:13)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnPWDLbuBsY
- OPM breach is worse than first realized – The Guardian
- 14M records stolen during OPM breach – Seattle Times
- Federal union president says no encryption on OPM SSNs – Tech Dirt
- Cyber criminal claims credit for OPM breach and drops emails – Motherboard
- Good article on how using PII for authentication is bad – Network World