Patch Day, Home Depot Update, and Gmail Leak
Why go searching for all the week’s information security (infosec) news when you can find it in one convenient place. This weekly vlog summarizes the important security updates, hacks, and threats so you can protect yourself.
This week’s episode arrives a bit late due to my business travel in Europe. Today’s show covers the week’s Microsoft and Adobe patches, the latest news on the Home Depot breach, and a story about a potentially new (but likely old) Gmail credential leak. Watch the video for the details, and check the references below for more info and some extra stories.
I will be continuing my business travel next week as well. So my weekly post may arrive earlier or later than normal. Have a great day!
(Episode Runtime: 4:53)
Direct YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1GZpvQV6dQ
- Software Updates:
- Home Depot update; 70M credits cards stolen – UberGizmo
- Five million gmail accounts hijacked (15M with others) – Neowin
- Check if your gmail account is leaked – Isleaked
- Note: many recommend you don’t share your email with 3rd parties.
- Ransomware still thrives despite recents take downs – Ars Technica
- SandroRAT masquarades as Android antivirus program – International Business Times
- F-Secure finds 25 new threats targeting Macs – v3.co.uk
- Apple promises new breach notifications for iCloud attacks – Tech Week
- Goodwill credit card breach affects almost 1M cards – Forbes
- New trojan (Dyreze) targets SalesForce users – Beta News
- SalesForce warns about new trojan – SalesForce
- Targeted spear phishing campaign in UK installs Peter Pan malware – Belfast Telegraph
- Hacker claims to have hacked and doxed Bitcoin creator; Now extorting – Vice
- Heathcare.gov hacked. DDoS malware uploaded to CMS – Computer World
- Malware found on Twitch tries to steal Steam credentials – Redorbit