WatchGuard Dimension™ has been a tremendous success since it was first launched in late 2013. Customers have used the visibility tool to get key insights into security threats and critical trends in their networks. WatchGuard now expects to post the first update for Dimension later today on January 28th. Version 1.1 includes several bug fixes and enhancements to increase scalability, availability, and intuitive reporting. Full details will be outlined in the Release Notes, but key highlights include:
- Microsoft Hyper-V support – See the Installation section of Release Notes for more information
- Dynamic IP address to Host Name resolution for reports — for more intuitive data presentation.
- New IP Address Map features lets you identify your devices by a static hostname instead of an IP address — enabling identification even if the Dimension instance cannot share DNS information with the security devices.
- The ability to back up and restore your Dimension database to/from an external location — for improved recovery and administration.
- Support for an external Postgres server, v9.2, 9.1.9, or 9.1.11 – enabling high-availability and highly scalable multi-node Dimension installations.
- IPS reports link to Security Portal information on signatures — offering deeper information about detected threats.
- Support for sending alerts and scheduled reports through SMTP gateways that require STARTTLS — for encrypted transit for sensitive reporting data
- A new “Status Report” section has been added to the Dimension Administration>Database page so you can more easily see database usage information
- The ability to specify a file location as a target for publishing scheduled reports
- Reports for groups or multiple devices now show the report data for all appliances
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
This release applies to all Dimension users. If you or your customers need one of the bugfixes or new enhancements we recommend upgrading to the new software. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved, and pay special attention to the upgrade section. This first update requires a two-step process, making the updater process more flexible for future releases.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM appliances owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain the XTM OS update or Dimension without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Articles & Support section of WatchGuard’s Support Center. To make it easier to find the relevant software, be sure to uncheck the “Article” and “Known Issue” search options, and press the Go button. If you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375
Don’t have an active LiveSecurity subscription for your XTM appliance? It’s easy to renew. Contact your WatchGuard reseller today. Find a reseller ?