NSA Botnet, Windows 0day, and Bitcoin Robberies
It’s time for our regular Information Security (Infosec) summary video. If you want to hear about all the latest network and computer security news from one quick and easy source, this video is for you. This week’s episode comes a bit late, but I will return to the Friday schedule this week.
In this episode, I talk about the NSA botnet, more Bitcoin heists, a Windows zero day exploit, and a new hack that can hijack AR.drone quadcopters. Watch the video for the details, and check out the references from more information (and some extra stories).
Keep safe out there!
(Episode Runtime: 9:36)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4cIM12wCKE
- NSA’s TAO hijacks worldwide computers to build 50K botnet – The Guardian
- Hackers hijack Bitcointalk.org’s DNS for MitM attack – PC World
- Attackers steal 96K Bitcoin from underground Sheep Marketplace – Boing Boing
- Windows suffers from zero day local elevation of privilege flaw – Microsoft
- New Pony botnet has stolen 2mil Facebook, Google, and Twitter credentials – Computer Weekly
- Samy creates Drone Stroke tool to hijack AR.drones – YouTube
- More targeted malware exploiting flaws in specialized software (AutoCAD) – The Register
- Cryptolocker authors hire botnets to speed spread – PC World
- “Research” botnet findings finally to be released – eWeek
- Linux botnet targets the Internet of Things – Symantec blog
- JP Morgan data breach, 465K records – Reuters
- Microsoft disrupts ZeroAccess botnet – PCMag
- Natwest targeted by another DDoS attack – The Telegraph