WatchGuard is pleased to announce two major new software releases.
WatchGuard Dimension is a public and private cloud-ready network security visibility solution that provides reporting tools that instantly distill key issues and trends, speeding the ability to set meaningful security policies across the network. Available for download from the support center today, key features include:
- Executive Dashboards provide a high-level view of network activity, and with just a click, users can drill all the way down to individual log data.
- ThreatMap instantly shows by location where threats are coming from.
- FireWatch filters traffic in a way that instantly brings your eye to the most critical information on active users and connections.
- E-mail delivery of reports.
- A single Executive Summary report that provides an overview of network traffic and security events.
Fireware XTM 11.8 is also available now and provides powerful new features. Highlights include:
- Data Loss Prevention prevents costly data breaches by scanning and detecting the transfer of sensitive information over email, web, and FTP.
- All-new Web UI has enhanced ease of use, and includes popular WatchGuard tools such as Traffic Monitor and the new FireWatch. It supports mobile devices, including iOS.
- Routed VPNs in 11.8 add tremendous flexibility to the configuration of VPNs in today’s more complex network environments. Many new use cases are supported through the ability to add VPN on a virtual interface.
- Wireless Access Point enhancements, including manual channel selection.
- YouTube for Schools.
Note: 11.8 also includes important security updates to fix a buffer overflow flaw, and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in our products. For more details on these issues, see our WatchGuard Security Center post.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
If you or your customers have an XTM 25/25-W/26/26-W, 3 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, 800 Series, 1500 Series, 2500 Series, 1050 or 2050 device and wish to use the new enhancements, you should upgrade to version 11.8. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
Note: Fireware XTM 11.8 does not apply to XTM 21/22/23 appliance owners, or Firebox X e-Series owners.
WatchGuard Dimension is compatible with all XTM appliances.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM appliances owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain the XTM OS update or Dimension without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Articles & Support section of WatchGuard’s Support Center. To make it easier to find the relevant software, be sure to uncheck the “Article” and “Known Issue” search options, and press the Go button.
If you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375
Don’t have an active LiveSecurity subscription for your XTM appliance? It’s easy to renew. Contact your WatchGuard reseller today. Find a reseller ?