Encryption Backdoors, iPhone Fingerprint Scanners, and Ohlhorst Q&A
In my regular Infosec video, I typically summarize the big network and information security stories from the week; but last week’s episode was a little different. WatchGuard had the pleasure of having Frank Ohlhorst, an award winning journalist in our offices. Ohlhorst writes for many publications, including eWeek, Computerworld, TechTarget, and PC World. Rather than just cover the news, I took the opportunity to ask Ohlhorst a few questions about the InfoSec industry.
That said, I did spend a bit of time on the news. The episode also covers the many software updates from last week, the iPhone’s upcoming fingerprint reader, a little on a North Korean cyber attack campaign, and the latest on the NSA encryption fiasco. If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, you may have seen this episode late last Friday. If not, take the opportunity to watch below, and don’t forget see the Reference section for more details.
(Episode Runtime: 11:38)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eGS4iK29zY
- Software Updates
- Microsoft September Patch Day Summary (details on WGSC) – WGSC
- Adobe September Patch Day Alert – WGSC
- Apple OS X Update – Apple
- Apple Safari Update – Apple
- WordPress 3.6.1 fixes security vulnerabilities – WordPress
- Bruce Schneier’s take on iPhone 5s fingerprint authentication – Schneier on Security
- Did NSA backdoor Dual EC DRBG? – Wired
- Kaspersky uncovers North Korean Kimsuky APT – Securelist
- Kaspersky uncovers Obad mobile botnet – Securelist
- The Guardian on NSA attacking encryption – The Guardian
- Bruce Schneier NSA encrption OpEd 1 – The Guardian
- Bruce Schneier NSA encrption OpEd 2 – The Guardian
- NYT piece on NSA foiling encryption – NYTimes
- CALM DOWN: The NSA hasn’t cracked encryption – Business Insider
- Can NSA decrypt BES server messages? – Techworld
- SEA hacks Fox News’ Hootsuite – Ibtimes
- Blackberry update fixes security flaws – The Register
— Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
apple security says
If your computer feels slow and sluggish, contact them. They fixed my computer while online
apple security http://www.store.legalnursenetwork.com/
Knee replacement says
Thiis is tthe right site for anyone who really waants too understand this topic.
You realize so much its almost toiugh to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject that’s been written about for years.
Wonderful stuff, just excellent!