Uyghur Mac Malware, Mobile Threat Trio, and Last DNSChanger Warning
Are you ready for your weekly serving of hot, fresh security news, in video form? Well just click the big YouTube arrow below, and get your fill.
This week’s stories include China-based Mac malware targeting the Uyghur people, three different mobile threats focusing primarily on Android devices, and a Cisco router firmware update debacle, which has users up in arms over their privacy. It’s all covered in the video, so watch below.
Or, if you don’t like video (or feel weird watching it at work), check out the Reference section for links to this week’s stories. Don’t forget to drop me a line in the comments section if you have any thoughts.
(Episode Runtime: 8:35)[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq-AWXzBd4s&hd=1]
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq-AWXzBd4s
- China-based Mac malware targets Uyghur – Kaspersky Securelist
- Mobile Malware
- Android Clickjack Rootkit – The Register
- Android Spam Botnet – Microsoft Blogs
- SMS spam trojan on Google Play and Apple Appstore – Kaspersky Securelist
- Cisco Linksys router firmware forces cloud management – Network World
- Cisco apologizes and rolls back firmware – All Things Digital
- Last chance before DNSChanger takes PCs offline – Washington Post
— Corey Nachreiner, CISSP (@SecAdept)
Leave a Reply