WatchGuard is pleased to announce the release of WatchGuard SSL OS v3.1.3 for the WatchGuard SSL 100 and SSL 560.
WatchGuard SSL OS v3.1.3 is primarily a maintenance release designed to increase the stability of your SSL VPN appliance, and to make improvements to the product based on customer feedback. It contains many enhancements and bug fixes. Some highlights from the release include:
- Japanese language client support and improved support for double-byte characters
- Improved performance and reliability for SSL tunnels
- Enhancements to end-point security assessment (supports additional antivirus products)
- New User Policy Analysis and User Audit reports
- Adds option to resolve the SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS vulnerability (CVE-2011-1473)
- Improved support for Google Chrome and Opera browsers
- Many Access Client improvements
- … and many other fixes — please see the Release Notes for complete details.
If you’re an SSL 100 or 560 appliance owner with an active LiveSecurity subscription, you can upgrade to SSL OS v3.1.3 free of charge.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
SSL OS v3.1.3 is a scheduled maintenance release. If you have an SSL 100 or 560 appliance, and wish to take advantage of any of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to v3.1.3. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
WatchGuard SSL 100 and 560 owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Articles and Support section of WatchGuard’s Support Center, which also includes clear installation instructions. To make it easier to find the relevant software, be sure to uncheck the “Article”, and “Known Issue” search options, and press the Go button. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375
David Williams says
In retrospect this was a big release for WatchGuard SSL appliances and made some subtle but great changes to performance of SSL tunnels for remote clients.