Twitter Hacks, Gas Pipeline Cyber Attacks, and FBI Wiretaps
Though the primary theme for this week was, “patch, patch, patch,” I saw many other interesting, non-update related security stories in the news as well. This week’s vlog packs all those stories into a brisk eight and a half minutes. Topics include:
- Highlights on Microsoft, Adobe, and Apple security updates
- FBI lobbying for online wiretaps
- Warnings of Gas Pipeline Cyber Attacks
- Some new Geo-aware malware
- A seemingly big Twitter breach
- Some hacker arrests
For details on all these stories, and a few security tips along the way, check out the latest WatchGuard Security Week in Review video below.
As always, if you don’t have time for a video but want to check out individual stories later, you can find links to all the issues I cover in the “Reference” section at the end of this post. You can also let us know what you think about this video series in the comments section.
Finally, I’m attending AusCERT next week; a security conference in Australia. Though I plan to release an episode next week, I will either post it significantly earlier or later than normal, due to the time zone difference. So keep your eyes peeled for next week’s episode, but don’t expect it at the regular time.
(Episode Runtime: 8:31)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guqTuUatEwc
- Software Updates
- FBI wants backdoors in products – CNET
- DHS warns of gas pipeline cyber attacks – CNN
- Geo-aware malware leverages 4square – The Register
- Attackers steal 55,000 Twitter credentials – Airdemon
- Twitter debunks attack – Mashable
- Scotland Yard arrests Team Poison hackers – BBC News