WatchGuard is very pleased to announce that Fireware XTM 11.3.4, the latest operating system for our Firebox X e-Series appliances, is now available for download.
Fireware XTM v11.3.4 is the newest operating system software release for Firebox X Peak, Core, and Edge e-Series appliances. Fireware XTM v11.3.4 demonstrates a continuing commitment to WatchGuard Firebox X e-Series customers, with a significant number of bug fixes and enhancements.
Please note, the 11.3.4 firmware is only intended for e-Series hardware. XTM appliance owners should install 11.4.1. There is no new WatchGuard System Manager release for Fireware XTM v11.3.4. You can use either WatchGuard System Manager v11.4.x or WatchGuard System Manager v11.3.2 to connect to a Firebox e-Series device that runs Fireware XTM v11.3.4, although you must use WatchGuard System Manager v11.4 if you want use the new Shrew Soft VPN client or new VPN gateway setting.
XTM 11.3.4’s primary enhancements include:
- Mobile VPN with IPSec: WatchGuard has added support for the Shrew Soft IPSec client. For contractual reasons, WatchGuard can longer distribute the WatchGuard Mobile VPN with IPSec client (powered by NCP), but customers who already use that client will be able to continue to do so with no change to support or services.
- The addition of a new branch office VPN gateway endpoint setting to specify whether your device attempts to resolve the domain name in the remote gateway ID.
- The ability to release or renew a DHCP lease for an external VLAN from the Web UI.
- A new setting in the HTTPS proxy action to allow connections that negotiate the SSLv2 protocol.
- A new configuration option in the Fireware XTM Web UI to set a global connection idle timeout.
Some XTM 11.3.4 fixes of note include:
- An issue has been resolved that caused authentication to fail when you used the SSO Agent if a user was a member of a large number of groups.
- In mixed routing mode, file transfers between computers connected to bridged interfaces no longer cause high CPU load.
- A problem that caused FSM Status Report to show only one Cluster Member has been corrected.
- FireCluster active/passive failover now works correctly when you have more than 8 VLANs configured on an interface.
- A problem that caused an active/passive FireCluster to unexpectedly fail over and lock up has been fixed.
- An issue has been resolved that caused some web sites to not load on first request.
- SSL compatibility has been improved when you use the HTTPS proxy with deep inspection.
- … and many other fixes — please see the Release Notes for complete details.
If you’re an active e-Series LiveSecurity subscriber, you can upgrade to Fireware XTM 11.3.4 free of charge.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
Fireware XTM 11.3.4 is a maintenance release that contains a significant number of bug fixes and enhancements. If you have any Firebox e-Series appliances, and wish to take advantage of any of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 11.3.4. However, XTM appliance owners should not install 11.3.4, but rather stick with 11.4.1 or 11.3.2 and earlier. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM series or Firebox e-Series owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Software Downloads web page, which also includes clear installation instructions. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375