The time has come to take control! WatchGuard is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Fireware XTM 11.4 and WSM 11.4, which gives businesses powerful new ways to control their security. In this release, WatchGuard has made significant enhancements to most major areas of product functionality, including security, centralized management, authentication, reporting, and wireless. Some highlights include the following:
- Application Control, our newest security subscription for all WatchGuard XTM 2, 5, 8, and 1050 appliances, allows fine-grained management of thousands of applications including Skype, Facebook, YouTube and more
- New centralized management features simplify the task of deploying security policies across multiple appliances. Templates are more flexible than ever, with inheritance and override settings that allow nuanced policies to be deployed across one, some, or all appliances under centralized management
- Configuration History and Rollback for devices under centralized management gives the administrator the ability to “turn back the clock” and revert to a previous configuration when using the WSM Management Server
- New authentication features help ensure that every user or group has the correct security policy. These include the ability to authenticate users who are on Microsoft Terminal Servers or Citrix servers; support for multiple Active Directory groups, 802.1x authentication for the XTM 2 Series Wireless models, and more
- Enhanced IPS delivers rock-solid security with greater efficacy and ease of configuration; IPS can now be configured independent of the security proxies
- New reporting functionality includes reports on Application Control and on several other functional areas, such as DHCP lease activity
- Rogue wireless access point detection for the XTM 2 Series Wireless models
In addition to the features listed above, 11.4 includes numerous smaller enhancements and bug fixes in many different areas of Fireware and WSM.
If you’re an active LiveSecurity subscriber, you can upgrade to Fireware XTM 11.4 free of charge.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
Fireware XTM 11.4 is a feature release that also includes many bug fixes. If you have any XTM series appliance and wish to take advantage of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 11.4. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM series owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Software Downloads web page, which also includes clear installation instructions. Fireware XTM 11.4 is an XTM Series only release, but some of the WSM 11.4 management enhancements (such as certain changes to logging, reporting, and centralized management) are applicable to e-Series appliances running earlier 11.x versions, as well as to XTM appliances running 11.4. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375
Aaron Bridge says
Fireware XTM 11.4 doesn’t seem to be available for download. WSM is available, but not XTM 11.4
LiveSecurity Team says
@Aaron, are you running an e-Series appliance? If so, Fireware XTM 11.4 is only available for XTM hardware (XTM 2, 5, 8 and 1050 boxes). However, WSM 11.4 is indeed available for e-Series appliances.
Perhaps this is what you’re seeing? If not, definitely let us know.
Hello, i have an x550, is this not upgradeable?
LiveSecurity Team says
@Irv: Not to 11.4. Features like Application Control which comes with 11.4 require more CPU and memory resources than the e-Series can handle. We will of course continue to support e-Series until 2015 with more minor enhancements, features and bug fixes. The next release of firmware for e-Series, version 11.3.3, is scheduled for March 2011.
Okay, thank you for the information.
My Site says
Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you ever been running a blog for?
you made blogging glance easy. The full look of your website is fantastic, let alone
My Family Guy says
Just wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in
your post is just nice and i can suppose you are knowledgeable in this subject.
Well together with your permission let me to take hold of your RSS feed to keep updated with imminent post.
Thank you one million and please continue the enjoyable
This post will help the internet viewers for creating new web site or even a weblog from start